BACK IN TIME
Our Back In Time series chronicles North Penn area history down through the decades.
Back in Time articles
The Lansdale Historical Society was founded in 1972, and its purpose is to preserve the
history of the Borough of Lansdale and the greater North Penn area, and to share its collection
of material and resources with the greater community, particularly the youth. It has its
headquarters in a two-building complex, located on Jenkins Avenue in the center of Lansdale,
Montgomery County, PA. The buildings are
owned by the Borough of Lansdale.
The complex includes the Jenkins Homestead, a 1770-era Federalist-style farmstead that is the
oldest building within the original borders of Lansdale. Portions of the Homestead have been
restored and are open for public tours. The Lansdale Historical Research Center, located less
than 60 feet from the Homestead, was acquired by the Borough in 2000 and has undergone extensive
renovations to make it computer and Internet friendly and a repository for the Society's vast
collection of documents and artifacts related to Lansdale and the surrounding North Penn area.
The building is handicapped accessible.
LOCATION: The complex is located one block off Lansdale's Main Street on Jenkins Avenue between
Chestnut and Line Streets. On-street parking is available on Jenkins Avenue.
Click here to learn more about our upcoming programs!
Click here to learn about other local historical societies programs!